The original text in italic, and our comments in light blue bold:
Sonam Gyurme Bal Tamang formerly of Jhapa District, Nepal first entered the sacred Tapasya Grounds in the Halkhoria Jungle of Ratanpuri V.D.C. in August of 2010, less than a year before Guru Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha would complete His six-year penitential tapasya austerities. After some interviewing, Sonam came under the Meditator’s refuge and was hired to work as Meditator’s assistant with the honorary title of Khenpo. He gave his solemn word to obey and perform his given duties faithfully. Having studied in Gangtok, Sikkim, India at the Nyingma Institute under Kyabje Rigjin Dorje Rinpoche, Sonam was a follower of the previous Path with considerable advanced training in the previous knowledge.
– It should be highlighted that Mr Bomjon here talks about the recruitment of Mr Sonam Gyurme he conducted himself. He chose the guy, then fires him. But you would think it’s such an old story, what does it have to do today with all this out-pour of uncontrolled anger and frustration. While Mr Bomjon didn’t give anyone any explanations either at the moment he hired him, or at the moment he fired him, why now? All of a sudden his personally ‘chosen’ and ‘titled’ khenpo, is portrayed by Mr Bomjon as the worst man on earth, the one who dares ‘oppose’ dharma. 2010, 2016? Did Mr Gyurme ‘oppose’ Mr Bomjon’s ‘dharma’ all this time, and it’s only now that Mr Bomjon finds out about it? Or is there some other elements in here, which are not mentioned at all? Elements that would explain this crazy like outburst from Mr Bomjon?
Just as the physical world has its mores, laws and regulations, so does Dharma have its own mores, laws and regulations. Dharma or Guru will not be opposed. This Truth is difficult to comprehend for people who have not undergone true tapas, profound contemplation and extreme austerities in penitential meditation. What were the mores, laws and regulations of the previous knowledge gained from the previous path? How much of it is true knowledge, free of added fabrications? The world may know, perhaps. Before the six-year meditations and austerities a set of worldly mores, laws and regulations had been followed. The Bodhi Path Maitri Dharma (BodhiMarga darshan MaitriDharma) now attained contains a distinct and different set of mores, laws and regulations. And once revealed for the benefit of the world and the liberation of all living beings, all Guru’s actions, deeds, words or even thoughts are within dharma’s mores, laws and regulations, at all times. Dharma is the universe, and the essence that sustains it.
– The very tenants of the total delusion Mr Bomjon finds himself in is usually labelled ‘Dualism’. A place where you confront the ‘old’ and the ‘new’, the good and the bad, the guru and the opposer of dharma. He talks all the time about a ‘dharma’ that he has, by the way, never explained. He has been using the term over and over again but only to illustrate his perception of his ‘authority’. He is equating himself with that undefined ‘dharma’, and talks of laws and regulations (even mores now) governing it. Yet all in truth, this entire universe is governed by is a single principle “Cause and Effect”. Any causal process is just merely an appearance of the moment, and none of the appearances can lay claim to be or reflect the true nature of Reality. There is a Totality that embraces the infinity of appearances. To project anything more onto this perception, or to cling to it as though it were the final truth, would be to fall into delusion. Which seems exactly what Mr Bomjon is doing.
He has named himself a guru, depository of a teaching that he has never imparted, neither before Mr Gyurme, nor after the departure of Mr Gyurme. To be clear, for now the concepts of Mr Bomjon are perhaps just barely understood by himself, if at all. Although he seems to be swimming in his own contradictions most of the time. He calls his own world view the Truth, yet didn’t give any sign out of his own behavior that he had indeed discovered ‘the Truth’. While this very so called truth doesn’t seem to have freed him from any of the usual afflictions of deluded men, like anger, emotions, irrational behaviour, or as seen in the violence he has against women and men he thinks are ‘against’ him.
Mr Bomjon himself kept telling he will give some unique teaching that supersedes all other teachings, yet all he has really shown every one is his own irrational despotic behaviour. The way he treats women, even his own girl/friend wife. The way he shows his fury. The way he feels above everyone else, the way he talks the vocabulary of a fundamentalist with big titles like World Peace Puja, Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha, but no substance at the core. No known examples or demonstrations of his own compassion, only of his ‘authority’ that he claims should be unquestionable.
In Dharma, sins may be forgiven only under three conditions: when committed out of ignorance, without knowing, or under compulsion. But for those who commit sins outside these three conditions, there is no pardon or forgiveness, but only abandonment. Should anyone, even dharma gurus, commit the sin of opposing dharma they will never be able to follow dharma again; nor will they ever receive another human life, animal life or even a ghostly life, having completely extinguished their own souls.
– Now back to the early age of religion and the notion of ‘sin’. What a powerful tool to manipulate the gullible and the weak. Is that part of the ‘new’ teachings? So three conditions: out of ignorance, not knowing and under compulsion. What’s the difference between not knowing and ignorance? Probably anger didn’t make him even realize the two are more or less the same. And now onto the ‘no pardon or forgiveness’. Wow. Only abandonment? No half measures, radical! Gone is compassion with the wind! The Maha efforts towards compassion and treating ‘every’ single being like ‘one’s own child’, flying through the window like a spit to clear a throat. We go from ‘dharma’ to total annihilation, let’s even affect all the future ‘presumed’ lives of a hypothetical ever surviving soul or souls, smashed! And it gets more than interesting to read the last words of the sentence: ‘having completely extinguished their own souls’. So the ‘new’ delusional philosophy of Mr Bomjon attributes the existence of multiple souls, that get completely extinguished. So many new concepts and tenants unexplained to accept and try to follow for his devotees. Good luck guys!
When Sonam Gyurme began to work for Guru, he was hired to write a small scripture based on the omniscient wisdom of Bodhi Marga darshan Maitriya Dharma as revealed to Guru for the world’s wellbeing and for the salvation of all living beings in the universe. It was to be part of the coming Maitriya Puja Mahadarshan programme for world peace marking completion of Guru’s long tapasya. In the beginning, Sonam appeared to be faithfully recording the Maitri wisdom as spoken by Guru. But in no time his conduct turned subversive and sacrilegious. He presented Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha Guru as a follower of the previous path, offering the old knowledge. Fully intent on destroying Maitri Dharma and to conceal the true Guru Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha, Sonam Gyurme filled the scripture with familiar old knowledge rehashed in his own fabrications and needless untruths, turning dharmic wisdom upside down. He resolved to prevent BodhiMarga darshan MaitriDharma from superseding his own old path of previous knowledge.
– Since very early on, Mr Bomjon has been convinced of his holding the truth by the balls, he doesn’t deal with modesty or simplicity, he straightly qualifies his own perception as the ‘omniscient wisdom of Bodhi Marga darshan Maitriya Dharma (yet another new form of pompous terminology, unexplained) revealed to Mr Bomjon (remember he calls himself Guru and many other names as he loves big titles and helicopter rides). He also loves telephones to the point of being close to breaking the world record of the number of mobile phone subscriptions for a single person. Maybe mobile phones are the way he gets the revelations with, from Bodhi Marga …. (let’s hope they are not long distance satellite calls). Or is it just one of the side effects of a paranoid delusional state in which one is seeing traitors all around oneself? So back in 2010 Mr Sonam ‘in no time’ ‘turned subversive and sacrilegious? And Mr Bomjon still didn’t get over it? His enlightenment plan probably didn’t have a forgiveness option. Or maybe when you capture women, beat people, that option gets removed it looks like.
Check now what was the ‘crime’ of Mr Gyurme? He presented Mr Bomjon who call himself also Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha, as a follower of the previous path, offering old knowledge. My goodness! Such a bad guy this Mr Gyurme, it’s like selling out of date food at the supermarket. And now it takes 4 to 5 years for Mr Bomjon to tell us that! We’ve been eating out-dated food since 2010 without anyone telling us! That’s outrageous. We should all ask for a refund!
Further overstepping his authority, Sonam proposed outrageous plans to attract donations. Instead of raising spiritual awareness, he put forward many materialistic projects to incite greed and avarice, guiding covetous persons to focus on selfish interests. And without first reporting to Guru, Sonam Gyurme masterminded the 15-day MahaDarshan Maitri Puja (20 May – 6 June, 2011) giving long speeches on the microphone about the various ambitious worldly projects entirely of his own design. Veering from Dharma, he launched in the name of Dharma a Maitriya School, Maitriya Hospital, Maitriya Mansion, Maitriya Dharma Hall, and Maitriya Global Media turning the massive outpouring of love and faith into an enterprise. To many worldly people these became most alluring opportunities. Believing the projects to have been approved by the Guru Himself, local and world sangha members and followers then collected millions upon millions of rupees. But it soon transpired that management of these vast sums was becoming seriously corrupt, for when the 15- day Puja was over, none of the many millions collected in donations could be accounted for. Sonam Gyurme and his assistants were asked to give a detailed report to the assembled Committee of all that they had done. Without compliance or informing anyone, Sonam Gyurme vanished one August night in 2011, having subverted the love, trust and faithful devotion for the Guru not only of local villagers and lay lamas and previous lama followers, but also of global devotees and world sangha. In his wake, he left confusion, frustrated greed and bitterness among the rest. He has not been heard from since, and is said to have left the country. In every way possible, Sonam Gyurme had been obstructing the clarification and dissemination of BodhiMarga darshan MaitriDharma by Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha Guru causing suffering, torment and anguish. At the same time, he was telling the world that Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha was no one special but only another guide of the previous Path, thus fanning doubts and confusion among the world sangha.
– It gets juicy now. This paragraph is great, one could almost sense the moment Mr Bomjon has been thinking let’s use this opportunity to throw all the blame for my own failures onto Mr Gyurme, no one will even notice, they are all so gullible anyway. So all the outrageous plans that have never stopped, including the latest to build a giant over 21 meter high thangka, were plans to attract donations by Mr Gyurme. What a powerful man this Mr Gyurme who can continue to have canny plans to attract donations even 4 years after Mr Bomjon fired him. The 15-days Maha Darshan Maitri Puja (again they love those big names, it’s like with the washing powder that washes whiter than white), was the masterminded plan of Mr Gyurme. One would wonder again, if so why did Mr Bomjon agree with it, or if he didn’t why didn’t he reject it then but tells us all about it now 5 years later. He holds old grudges it seems.
Mr Gyurme long gone, and the grand scheme projects continued, helicopter flights were probably also Mr Gyurme’s idea, this Mr Gyurme surely must be guilty of everything. How have all the other millions of rupees from donations been spent since Mr Gyurme is gone? So this so guilty for everything Mr Gyurme ‘has been obstructing the clarification and dissemination’ of Mr Bomjon perception of the his own delusions, and by that ‘causing suffering, torment and anguish. Wow! What did Mr Bomjon do to the women he ordered chained, to those he beat, to those who believed him and waited the promised ‘teachings’? Did Mr Bomjon cause any suffering to them? We are talking here of Mr Bomjon actually and not Mr Gyurme. Mr Bomjon is the self-proclaimed head of his own organization. He hires and fires. He makes the requests and things are brought/bought for him.
-This one deserves a special paragraph. “At the same time, he was telling the world that “Mr Bomjon” was no one special. Wow now that’s interesting. One would wish that Mr Gyurme said it earlier and in a clearer manner, it could well turn out that he was right about that! At least for the portion of the sentence that states “no one special”. And then he assumes that the supposed revelations of Mr Gyurme spawned doubts and confusion among the world sangha.
Mr Bomjon should learn that his own actions speak louder than any words he uses, even louder than the words he abuses like ‘dharma’ and ‘guru’. Mr Bomjon shouldn’t look for a scapegoat in Mr Gyurme for Mr Bomjon himself failed everyone around, not Mr Gyurme, and Mr Bomjon subverted the trust and respect people gave him. Mr Bomjon was this young man showing the promise of a future living example of renunciation for the benefit of ‘ALL’ sentient beings unfolding. Instead of blaming others he should take responsibility. None of the people from around the world observing him were shocked by what Mr Gyurme did but all are shocked by his very behavior, that of a young boy turned angry, revengeful, authoritarian and irrational.
Then Guru spoke for the first time at length, and talked to villagers and devotees about the attainment that is Maha Sambodhi and the omniscient wisdom of Bodhi Marga darshan Maitri Dharma. And so the world began to understand that a new era had dawned. Feeling defeated, Sonam Gyurme Bal Tamang went to Guru’s childhood home in Ratanpur and plied family members with false rumours and greedy enticements. He managed to make them angry and resentful, causing a complete break between Guru and family by the year 2011.
– “Then Guru spoke for the first time at length, and talked to villagers and devotees about the attainment that is Maha Sambodhi and the omniscient wisdom of Bodhi Marga darshan Maitri Dharma.” We wonder what is he really referring to here. What’s the attainment that is Maha Sambodhi? Same story all the time, Mr Bomjon has a perspective on truth, feels he has received some special authority, and always mentions the ‘world’, the world knows, the world was told, and blablablah. But even through his own website he hasn’t said anything that can be intelligently understood. He has only demonstrated whims.
– Mr Bomjon shouldn’t blame on Mr Gyurme his own disastrous relationship with his family. Again Mr Gyurme is long gone and Mr Bomjon didn’t require anyone’s assistant to deteriorate his relationship with his family. How can someone with genuinely strong ties with his family have someone from outside destroy those. What kind of ties are those that are so easily damaged. Again it seems too easy to make Mr Gyurme guilty of everything.
The world being as yet unable and unwilling to contemplate BodhiMarga darshan MaitriyaDharma, we herewith make known this dark page from those early years as an example not only of the inexorable, essential nature of Dharma, but also of the irreversible consequence of self-annihilation for those deliberately opposing Dharma or Guru. Sonam Gyurme committed grave errors in leading followers away from dharma into greed and avarice, let alone deception and embezzlement. And in trying to suppress Maitri Dharma and conceal the True Guru he, as certain other individuals and agencies here and overseas, committed the ultimate sin against Dharma itself for which there is no forgiveness or recourse, but only extinction.
– And now another concept is thrown the concept of ‘self-annhilation’. There is no kindness and no half measures here either. From complete extinction of the plural souls, to ‘self-annihilation’. So Mr Gyurme is guilty of everything, but given the level of paranoid delusion we are dealing within Mr Bomjon, he wraps him up together with ‘certain other individuals and agencies here and overseas’, and comes back the ‘sin’ through the big gaping door of delusion, and then no forgiveness, and another new notion ‘extinction’.! Well! Tickle my tits until Tuesday if this is not a tit for a tat! Take a paracetamol Mr Bomjon, a good cup of tea and calm down.
Mr Bomjon do not shift the blame for your own errors. We will respect you and value your potential advice only if you set a good example yourself. No one is trying to obstruct something that has never been given. To be able to obstruct, you have to have that thing you want to obstruct in the first place. In its absence one cannot obstruct it. Your attitude so far has taught us one thing for sure, not to trust you or your nonexistent teachings. Where each promise you have made you yourself broke.
2015 © Is copyright part of enlightenment. Looking for a guide check the